Friday, December 3, 2010

List of websites offering National and International Call-to-Artists

I've compiled a brief listing of websites offering "Call-to-Arists" postings. I figure we'd just jump right in there (they are secular art "Call-to-Artists").  God tells us to be light in the dark, right?  So just getting in there is the way to start.

I also wanted to provide some exclusively Christian "Call to Artist"- for fellowship and to be able to exchange ideas, art, and openings with like minded artists, but was slightly disheartened at the struggle to find databases comparable in scope and execution to their secular counter parts.  I ran across the secular sites with ease, and had the luxury of selecting the ones I thought were the most in-depth and clear. 

*sigh*  I was only slightly disheartened because I do feel that it will something to look forward to:  Christian worldview and Christ and culture intermixed in the area of the visual arts. I anticipate a wealth of Christian "call to artists" databases inundating the 'call to artist' search results.

 Christians do make up a sub-culture which can be extremely dynamic, relevant, and infectious.  It is a matter of time, I feel.  I know God has started something, and when He does, He carries through to the end.  And let us not forget, 'the end of a thing is better than the beginning of a thing.'  Ecclsiastes 7:8

Here are a list of the "call to artists" databases I found.  They include information about deadlines, location, fees, and pertinent details.  I cannot recommend their integrity.  You would have to carefully read into each call to determine if they are worth your time or whether or not they are legitimate.  Always do a careful investigation when determining where to invest your money, and most importantly... your ART!


Be blessed! Be inspired!

No comments: