Saturday, November 20, 2010

Beautiful Fall

Beautiful Fall 6"X6" Acrylic on canvas
 This piece was  inspired by the magnificent colors of Fall. It turned into something more.  It is my representation of beautiful fall into the arms of our saviour any time we are in despair, are lost, are lonely, need guidance, etc. in short have moments of humanity.  When we fall into His arms, that is a beautiful fall.

The beauty of dying leaves (up north) create this beautiful array of hues!  Through the process, I began to  think of our choice to die to our reliance upon ourselves- to take care of our own problems, sorrows and/or deficiencies, and instead simply allow ourselves to fall into God's grace.  That is beautiful and that will in turn create a life that would otherwise not surge on its own:  true life-  filled with grace, joy, power, and freedom. 

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6

I found there to be a subtle but significant metaphor between the changing of seasons from Fall-Winter, and ultimately Spring to the death to our self-reliance, and in turn true reliance on God.



Be blessed!  Be inspired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so colorfulll, just they way i love it:)

AldysC said...

Thank you Didi! Color is my method of dialogue. I hope to learn more and more about it! I love it how I feel God's majesty through its richness, meaning, emotion, beauty, complexity and ability to transcend. I know you feel the same way :)