Saturday, October 2, 2010

Look How Far Contemporary Christian Art has come!

It will be six years ago this Thanksgiving season that I first learned of live painting in worship services.  My friend and gracious worship dancer at church approached me about making a performance piece including her dance and my painting for the Thanksgiving morning service.  She said she had seen an artist paint at a Jason Upton concert and was deeply moved by it.  I agreed on the spot.  This peace and propulsion to perform live doing a spontaneous work of art HAD TO BE GOD!  Those of you that know me know that I am really introverted and shy in public settings (as is typical of most artists).  In any event, it WAS God giving me the assertion to do this!  Never did I feel nervous, nor have I during that and other live worship paintings.

So I prepared myself in prayer for this wonderful thing I wanted to offer God, finally, (God had placed in my heart to use my artistic gifts for Him for several months at that point- I just wasn't sure how).  I searched and searched for the clip my friend assured me was online.  It was only after an extensive search, that I found it.  I found it and only it.  I didn't find more videos of painters on altars offering their worship to the Lord, nor did I find any writings on it.  This was six years ago, dear friends!!!

Oh, how far we have come!  Throughout the years I have continued to search and seek more insight on what I felt God was telling me to do with the talents He gave me.  I wanted to know so much.  To my absolute delight, I found that video and writings (accessible to me, online) were growing exponentially!

Now, six years later you can type in any combination of words on search engines:  Worship painting, live painting worship, prophetic art, modern christian art, and any similar combination and there is so much wealth of resource.  Also, You Tube and God Tube are filled with videos of prohetic painting conferences, artists praising God with paint, chalk, sand, sculpture!  Praise God!!! We are on the verge of a major revolution in the Arts as it relates to a Christian world view and passion for the Word of God!   I have found endless websites of individual artists throughout the world who share the love of God, passion for Jesus and revelation of just how impacting it is to converge Art, Truth, and Faith!  I have also seen organizations, church conferences, exhibits, and publications that are aiding to expand growth in artists who are passionate about Christ and who know what a miraculous and impacting gift we as artists hold in our hands.  

I am so excited to be embarking in this revolution alongside my peers.  With the help of my best friend and graphic designer, I am on the verge of publishing my website.  This website will be only one of the many that I have seen that will flood the internet with visual evangelism, faith and glory beyond anything that has been done in history!  In addition, I am so thrilled to begin this blog today and look forward to sharing all of the wonderful resources, information, and credit Christian Artists throughout the world who share the same seed God has planted in their hearts!

Oh my heart beams for how far we will go to fulfill the plan that God has for the creativity He has embedded in us, His children.  God has placed the desire, He is shining the light, and we are following faithfully!  Welcome to our journey, whether you are a visual artist, another type of artist, love God, or don't know much about Him.  These messages are for all to see.  Art is the universal language...

Be blessed!  Be inspired!

No comments: