Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Brief Update...

I never wanted to be that blogger that neglected her blog for more than one month- tops.  I'm so sorry guys, I've become that blogger.  Motherhood and many family and art related projects (all good, thank God) have filled my days and yep- nights. So at four months of silence, I am making time to give you a brief update.

Ok, so here's the update... I have had time to work on some great projects.  I'm excited to say that I have sold three commissions this year!  I just completed my final commission last week.  It has been a great time of exploration, experimentation, and growth for me as an artist.  Here are some photos of the first two commissions.  I'll wait for the reveal of the last one before I post pics (It's still drying).




"Corner of Faith and Hope".  Acrylic and Oil.  36"X90" Diptych
  

"Corner of Faith and Hope" in it's new home.



"He Gives the Desires of Your Heart" Acrylic and Oil.  Each canvas is 30" X 30"
Psalms 37:4
 



"He Gives the Desires of Your Heart" in it's home.
   I feel really blessed to have had the opportunity to work on these commissions.  God has been exceedingly gracious!  So dear followers, know that I haven't abandoned you- this (the blog, my website, my artwork, my involvement in our church, research- and in turn, writing about everything I find in the area of contemporary Christian art) is a growing puppy.  I simply haven't had time at this moment. I do what I can -I can't not paint... the twitches come back--- ahhh just kidding-  well sort of. There is much to be done.  With time as my ally, I will be able to accomplish it according to God's measure.

I am happy to say that my youngins' will be starting school soon.  When that happens, everything will fall into place- including regular blog posts filled with the wonderful insight and findings that I am constantly researching. I have notes and references that I am all too eager to share. 

I would love to hear from you!  What are your thoughts about the pieces?  I welcome very frank critiques.  As artists, we sometimes fail to see what others might when it comes to our art because we have looked at it too much to see it with fresh eyes, and truthfully, because we are too emotionally involved (at least this is the case with me- a novice mistake).  I would benefit from you sharing something that you see, feel, etc. that would help me to grow as an artist.

Be blessed!  Be inspired!
:)

1 comment:

BARBER said...

Congrats on the commissions!! Your paintings look very comfortable in their new home :)
nah, but good job on the paintings they bring out the room.

peace