Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Autumn Passage


Here is a visual doodle of the magnificent colors we saw while on vacation just a few weeks ago. It is acrylic on canvas, 6"X 6".  I seldom, if ever, make such small paintings, but I thought I would try just to see what happened.  I was more relaxed with the smaller format. The strokes were moves of my wrist and hand rather than my whole body.  I'll continue working this size, and different dimensions, but dearly miss painting on a larger scale... I used to paint on heavy paper taped together by masking tape and built up with textures of gesso, medium, and paint and thoroughly enjoyed it (in college- I had nothing but time then). 

While I am between series and commissions, I will continue to experiment with dimension.  I look forward to a breakthrough in a direction I am headed in, but am careful not to place too much expectation.  Expectation is my kryptonite!  I just relax, basque in God's presence and see what happens.  It is amazing how difficult it can be to deliberately let go and just paint sometimes.  One would think....

Be blessed!  Be inspired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It really touches me because I know how magnificent the colors are there and God used your hand and paint brush to show everyone His work!!!!!

Bamma

AldysC said...

Thank you Pam! God bless you!